Ever wondered what could make your research life easier, how to navigate grants-speak, or build a good professional profile?
Maybe you’re thinking of your first major research project with fear and loathing?
The Research Whisperer is dedicated to the topic of doing research in academia. We’re here to help and encourage.
- We are not a ‘how to’ guide to doing research, but we are happy to dish out practical tips and techniques that work for us.
- We don’t just want to talk about funding. Being a successful researcher involves much more than that, and calls on a wide range of skills.
- We want to stimulate conversations, so our posts will be opinionated, hopefully constructive, and sometimes exploratory.
We expect that a fair number of our posts will be driven by your questions and interests, so please feel free to share them through our feedback page.
Want to use our material? You are free to reproduce any posts from the Research Whisperer through the Creative Commons “Attribution-non commercial-sharealike” license. We would like to know how you are using our material, just out of interest, so feel free to drop us a line or include the link in the comments section attached to the feedback page.
Want more Research Whisperer?
- You can follow @researchwhisper on Twitter.
- You can “Like” our Facebook page.
- You can subscribe to The Research Whisperer’s paper.li: The Research Whisperer Daily.
Our articles for other people
Sometimes, nice people ask us to contribute to their publications. Sometimes they just write about us. Here is where we have written for, or appeared in, other publications.
- The Conference Mentor: Funding a Conference Trip for Early Career Researchers, 23 June 2014.
- Connect (NTEU’s casuals magazine): “Exploring an open future”, Connect 6.2 .
- Connect (NTEU’s casuals magazine): “You and your research CV”, Connect 6.1 .
- Research Global: “The Research Whisperer: Research development and social media”, 2013.
- Connect (NTEU’s casuals magazine): “Lessons in naivety”, Connect 5.2 .
- Next Scientist: Are You Reading These 17 Science Blogs? You Should, 27 July 2012.
- Life after Thesis: Top 10 Post-PhD Resources, 25 July 2012.
- Campus Review: Psst! Here’s how to get a grant, 6 Feb 2012 [Free subscription required].
- The Networked Researcher: The Origins of the Research Whisperer, 17 October 2011.
- Guardian Higher Education: 10 Australian social media influencers in higher education, 28 Sept 2011.